Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let's Work It Out!

"Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one" to quote a familiar Lennon tune. Sometimes I feel like I wanna sing the song with all my heart because the lyrics says it all.

Today, we can't really say that our country is a 'peaceful' place. Where can we find a peaceful place, anyway? Look around. You might see something that you've been missing for a long time. It's not heaven here on earth.

As a student, I am aware of my responsibilities. I study not only because I want to earn money. It's because I want to save my country in the future as well. I don't dream of becoming a leader or a politician someday. But I take part in leading my fellow students by joining clubs, programs and campaigns today. I serve as a role model to the youngsters by studying hard and loving nature.

The destruction of nature is also one of the scorching hot issues of today. Mother Earth is fighting for her life, and so are we. As the sons of God, we must be the caretakers of his creations. But what are we doing? We're the ones destroying them. That is why one of my responsibilities is to help Mother Earth breathe by planting trees and not using materials that contains CFC's to minimize pollution.

Everyone can do something. Let's do our 'something' even if it's small. I'm sure it can make a big difference.
Together we can make our country a better place. And with the help of God, who knows, we might even change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home