Monday, January 4, 2010

Birthday Blues

I have so much to say in this particular entry. It's because November's a very special month to me.
November 13
[It's my sixteenth birthday. It was supposed to be a blissful day. Unfortunately, it wasn't because it was the last day of our adviser, Mrs. Josephine Parel, in teaching service. We planned a short but meaningful send off party for her.]
In the morning of Nov. 13, I was walking down the Juniors Park on my way to our room. I was smiling at my classmates 'coz I was expecting them to "GREET" me. To my surprise, I was already walking past them but I haven't heard a single birthday greeting yet. Just 'Good mornings' and 'hellos' but no 'Happy Birthday'. When I reached our room, a close friend of mine greeted me but still, the others did not. Oh, I was sure many of them know the exact date of my birthday! I just said to myself, "Maybe they're just SOOO consumed by the fact that today is the retirement day of Ma'am Josie." I couldn't seem to argue with that.
I felt really bad so I went to IV-Marconi's room. My best friends and close friends greeted me. I was shocked when I saw others' heads turn to look at me. They started yelling Happy Birthday. They even sang Happy Birthday. I was deeply touched. "How can these people sing Happy Birthday for me while own my classmates don't even seem to care?," I thought. I thanked them for doing such thing. When I returned to our room, they stared at me in disbelief. OH I KNOW THEY FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY. The next thing I remember, I heard "Happy Birthday!!!" here, there, and everywhere. They sang Happy Birthday, too. Then I was teary-eyed. I was touched. I was moved. Then I whispered, "I still love you, guys, even if you forgot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home